Special Events and Productions
All equipment needs and audio/visual recordings of events outside of class times as published on the official registrar’s course schedules at the UNM School of Law are handled by Special Events/Production Services. These include: PA equipment & setup, computer/peripheral setup & support, audio/visual playback, and video/audio recordings.
For these requests, please use the Special Productions selection from the Media Services Request Form.
In requesting the use of services, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Requests for non-classroom support MUST be submitted through the web form, a minimum of 5 business days in advance.
- Non-routine, non-classroom requests will not automatically be scheduled; these requests will be covered only if personnel are available. We might not be able to support some requests.
- After you make a request, you will be contacted to discuss your request and determine whether we will be able to meet it. Requests will be prioritized based on timeliness of the request and its relationship to the educational mission of the school.
- If requests cannot be covered, you will be provided with information about alternatives that are available for you (see below).
- Please do not phone in service requests. Voice mail messages are the least effective means of communicating and your message might not be heard for hours or even days--staff will often be out of the office due to the nature of special events.
Equipment Checkout & UNM MTS
Equipment checkout will be used as an option if personnel are unable to provide personal assistance for an event. As part of this approach, faculty and students may now check out digital voice and video recorders from the Library for short periods of time.
NOTE: Students should always let their professors know if they are bringing a recording device to a class. If students violate this policy, the equipment checkout privilege could be suspended. Also, some professors prohibit unauthorized recordings.
It might sometimes be necessary to refer you to UNM's Media Technology Services (MTS) or even to outside providers. MTS has PA systems, cameras, etc., for checkout. Per the MTS web page: “An array of equipment is also available for check out by faculty including laptop computers, video projectors, PA systems, microphones, DVD players, etc. Additionally, equipment rental is available for non-class related activities and events.” (http://it.unm.edu/servicecatalog/index.php).
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Point of Contact: Tony Anderson.
email (preferred) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 505-277-5063 (75063)